Tuesday, May 08, 2007

maybe, it'll be you

and so,
i'll relight my cigarettes
and finish off that bottle of wine.
yes my dear,the one that we were supposed to share on our anniversary.


i'll play those cds we used to listen to together,
and relive the memories that come with it.
i'll watch and rewatch that very first movie we watched together,
the one where i leaned over and kissed you first.


i'll read through those texts,
bury them inside me and then delete them.
so that it won't ring with such,
a painful reminder.


Pull the covers up and fix the old heater.
you're not around to keep me warm anymore,
but who's fault is that?


i'll keep hoping,
hoping and praying that this
will turn out to be,
no more than a nightmare.


and maybe,
just maybe.
the one waking me up to kiss away my tears,
will be you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home