Sunday, December 14, 2008

lonely tables, pretty lights


Will you stay, for this song I'm singing
Before you grab your coat and leave,
could you turn around and maybe believe,
that you're not living your life
and I'm not living in mine
And I'm reaching out and singing this song,
to you.

Go on rest, that briefcase on the floor.
Before you write me off and nod,
turn your back and then walk off
Could you stay just a while,
til they switch off these pretty lights
Cos I'm reaching out and singing this song,
to you

No, I don't know your name
Don't know the story behind those tired eyes
And I don't have the words
that you need to hear
But with those curtains drawn,
you can hum along,
you're not the only one,
pretending you're not here

Will you listen,
to these words lined with meaning.
Before you pay your bill and go
would you remember to know
the little girl on this stage,
who still is guessing your name
The one who's reaching out and singing this song,
to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home