Friday, September 12, 2008

Like This


Everyday is a struggle

Sometimes it feels like I can’t breathe

Sometimes it feels like your memories

Are close, but out of reach

Every day is a dream

Where footsteps have knife-like rings

You’re talking and I’m trying to

But I can’t hear a thing

(Chorus)

If you’re close enough to feel

Why can’t I touch you

And if I can see you smile

Why can’t I smile too?

If I can smell you on my skin

Why can’t I breathe

At the thought of you

Seeing me

Like this

Everyday is a lifetime

Waiting to see you again

I would reach through these walls

To touch you if only I can

I would turn back time

And hold you tight

Freeze the moment

Capture it in my mind

And if only I had known

I would’ve held you

And if I could day goodbye

I’d ask if I could go too

Can I not be here alone

How long til I see you

© Charis Vera Ng

July 7th 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home