Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Break Me

God only You can break me
Bring me to my knees,

Leave me staring speechlessly

Lord only You have enough of me
To pick up each piece

Put me together again

Only You can break me
and somehow, make me whole


It's the chorus bit of a new song I'm working on called, Break Me.

I wrote it after I heard this story about this kid who was pretty messed up.

He was the sort who was associated with gangs and whatnot, but what struck me was how he came back to the youth group. (This obviously wasn't the main point of the preacher's story)
He walked in one day, betting slips and cigarettes in hand, to have the youth leader, the one held accountable for him, tear up his betting slips.

It must've been about a hundred dollars worth of bets and clearly, he was angry and irate and proceeded to hurl vulgarities and threats.

The police had been called in and one of the things they found out, was that the boy's father was very ill at the time.

Coming from a family where both parents gambled and neither had time to spend with the boy, it seemed inevitable, the road he'd be heading down. The youth leader felt that he really couldn't do anymore for the kid.
Whatever he managed to do within those few hours, would be undone the moment he puts his key in the front gate.
And so, the Youth Leader figured that all he could do, was pray.
Because only the Lord had the power to break him.

Anyways, just two years ago, the teller of this story (who was also that Youth Leader), saw the kid's picture in the papers; He'd been arrested for more serious crimes, though he wouldn't say what.

I don't know why this story struck me, but this was the entire story behind the song.

I kind of feel like i'm in that place sometimes. And i have felt like i was so far gone that no one'd wanna come after me.
We can't keep throwing ourselves into radioactive waste just to save random people who are in there, that i understand.
But there is someone who's done that and who seems to keep on doing that, just to keep us alive.

That's a thought(:

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home