Thursday, May 11, 2006

Through the Rain


i wrote this last year,
and i pretty much forgot about it until i was looking through old junk.
then i looked at it again and it's become another favourite of mine


Through the Rain

As the rain fell against the window pane,
Splashing off the concrete pavement,
I lifted my eyes to the darkened sky
It demanded my attention from the teacher droning on,
It captured and held my senses

The sun was no longer visible,
Hidden behind grey clouds
My life felt so much like that,
The light in my world, simply gone
Making me feel like I could no longer go on

The final bell pulled me out of my trance
Unable to resist the urge, I went outside
And as the cool rain met my skin,
I was overwhelmed by a strong sense of freedom
Emancipation

Looking up with the slightest difficulty,
I saw the light orange rays of sun
Peek out from under its heavy grey blanket
And behold! Oh the beauty!
For a rainbow of only every colour appears proudly,
The love and the promise
And I know, from the depth of my very soul,
That I can make it through the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home