Thursday, May 11, 2006

love like there's no tomorrow

i wrote this when alastair went on a week's holiday to aussie and i missed him so terribly. actually, reading this again and reposting it up here made me realize just how much i love alastair and how i'd be so terribly upset if he left. if he left me or the country or whatever

i'll always remember the last hug he gave me,
the last time i buried myself in his t-shirt,
wanting to memorize his smell.
i'll remember the last kiss he gave me,
and how i ran my fingers over his lips.
i'll remember the last cuddle we had,
cuddling as much as we could cos somehow we both knew we wouldn't be able to cuddle for a while.
i'll remember the last time he made me smile,
and the last time i made him smile:)

i'll remember the last time he asked me what's wrong,
the last time he told me never to leave,
and the last time he told me he loved me.

i'll remember the last time i went out with him alone,
i'll remember the movie,
i'll remember how he made me promise not to snap my gum in the train.
i'll remember how we held hands and how he'd walk with his arm around my shoulder so i knew he was always there,
right beside me.

i'll remember the last time i left the country,
i'll remember how much i missed him and how i cried myself to sleep.

i'll remember the last time he stayed over,
how we'd both go down to get his silly kaya bread,
how we bought chocolate milk,
and how we played tai tee during breakfast.

i'll remember the last time he left little notes all over my room for me to find,
and i'll remember the last letter i gave him.

i'll remember the last time he reached for the tissue box cos he had a runny nose,
and i'll remember the last time i squished his face and made him say fish.
i'll remember the way i kept making him repeat HONNEH BUNNEH.

i'll remember the last time we sang our song together,
the last time we played pepsi-cola.
i'll remember the last time he hugged me from behind and kissed my head.

i'll remember the last time i fell asleep in his arms,
and the last time he sang me to sleep.
i'll remember the last time he ran his finger down my nose.
i'll remember the last time i traced his eyes,his nose, his mouth with my fingers.
i'll remember the last time his cheek rested against my palm.
i'll remember the last time we took neoprints,
and i'll remember the last time we took pictures with his phone.

i'll remember how much i loved him then
and how much i still do love him.

i'll remember him the way he was the last time we met(:

and when he comes back,
i'll hug him tight,
i won't want to ever let go.
i'll kiss him like i needed air,
i'll bury myself in his clothes and lose myself in his familiar smell.
i'll curl up on the sofa with him again,
i'll snap my gum in the train just to irritate him
i'll make him say honneh bunneh over and over again,
i'll run my fingers through his hair,
i'll cuddle him again and again,
i'll watch him fall asleep and hear his cute little snores,
i'll hear him sleep talk again
and laugh at him and with him(:

and i'll love like there's no tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home