Monday, February 11, 2008

neither me, nor you




and in our breathing, synchronized,
we fall asleep, entwined
one can tell neither the start, nor end
of each seperate body
my hand is yours, and yours,mine
and even i, cannot tell either apart.

in the darkness we are far from lost,
and strangely comfortable
we fall asleep, dreaming of the other so real,
and waking up to find that it is


i bite my lip to keep the tears from falling,
keep my smile from faltering as i look up at you,
kiss the corner of your lips and tell you that
no, of course nothing's wrong, everything's fine.

disguised by my pretense of drunken unsteadiness,
i fall, willingly, into your open arms
i love you, like there was no difference between
today, yesterday and two months ago.

your touch is different, yet exactly the same.
i begin to count, unconsciously, the times you say i love you
and when you do, i pause too long before saying i love you too

i believe, when you ask me,
i do
i don't doubt, hardly.
i want to wait and i,
i love you too
i just, don't understand.
perhaps one is not supposed to be able to understand everything,
not everything.
but it's so hard to keep my tears and smile.
when i know, full well that
i still want to be with you.
and how,
tell me how, do i react when i tell you that i want to be yours but
you don't believe me?

are my words no more than child's chatter,
no please,don't answer that.

i love you,
can you see that?
can you see me?

i love you, and no one's made me happier
no one's made me feel safer
why does it have to be like this?
if everything else is so,so terribly clear,
why can't we be together?
why do i have to sound like i am begging for a love that refuses to be mine?
-
Strangely enough, i found this on google.
It was something i wrote ages ago. Ages Ages ago, about someone i was in love with.
Of course everything's different now.
It just,
somehow still managed to start them tears. haha

This will be the second time it appears on multiply (and you'll be very confused if you've only ever been readind my multiply site's blog.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home