Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the breaking of my heart



"i love you" i said
my heart ached, my chest heaved
everything inside felt so painful

i felt,
i could literally, feel my heart tear itself.
over and over again
with each move i made or even each word i managed to say,
it seemed my heart gave a deeper rip

Oh God, it was so painful

i felt those familiar warm tears prick the corner of my eye
and slide down my cheek,
onto my pillow
i placed my hand over my heart.
stabbing my heart with a knife and twisting it would be so much less painful than this

i cannot describe such pain to you
it is more than the tearing of paper,
oh it is far more

it is like, in a small way,
the ripping of cloth
Difficult, as the threads hold on to each other and more painful with each hard tug

it is like the tearing of a piece of meat
slow,deliberate, painful

the pain leaves you choking,
suddenly you can't breathe, you don't want to.
it's so painful, but yet you have to

oh yes, the brutal ripping
the dark bruising
the horrible deep aching which is felt deep within and not seen

The breaking of my heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home